question

Jose Pablo Monge Chacon avatar image
Jose Pablo Monge Chacon asked

Analytics

I was wondering, we want to have several metrics, but I don't really understand how to gather the information I need.

I need to figure out the following metrics:

1. Number of sessions per day

2. Mean number of sessions per DAU

3. Total game time (all players)

4. Number of players per platform (android, iOS, Pc)

5. Player Gender

6. Player Age

7. Player Location

8. Player Mean time per session

Most of this information is part of what we ask the player to provide us, but I don't really get how to generate the graphs and data that we need. Any help or tutorial??

JP

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Some of these values are things which are captured automatically by our service. For example, there is an event for every player sign-in operation, so if you do a distinct Login... call on each session, that would provide you with the number of sessions per day (per user), and from that info you can determine the number of sessions per DAU. Depending on what events you're sending over the course of gameplay, total game time (and mean time per session) should also be easy to determine, since it's the time from sign-in to the last event before the next sign-in (if the only access point is the game itself - if there's a community web site as well, you'll need to account for that in the calculation).

We also provide an "origination" field (and event) for players, which is the info on which platform they used to create the account to start with - that would be the way to determine the players per platform.

The other items - Gender, Age, and Location - are not things that we track in PlayFab, though you can access them from some integrated partners. For example, Facebook gives you the ability to query for these things via their auth token. However, I would strongly urge caution in how you manage that data, since all three are considered "sensitive" in certain contexts.

So the data is there - the question then becomes how to best leverage it to get the graphs and analyses you want. There are a couple of options.

One is to use a PlayFab-integrated analytics partner to evaluate this info. One example of this is Appuri, who you can find in our Partner Marketplace. We also have Segment integration, and we'll have Omniata shortly.

Another would be to pipe the data to your own data store, where you could then apply any tools you prefer to the data (Tableau, etc.). Right now, you can enable this via our Segment integration, but we'll also provide a way to connect the event pipeline to your own endpoint soon.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jose Pablo Monge Chacon avatar image
Jose Pablo Monge Chacon answered

Hello brendan! You are always right to the point!

Thank you! We are already implementing some of these metrics with Appuri, and the legal team of the client is making a T&C that would cover the  sensitivie data.

Thanks again!

JP

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.