question

Christopher Clogg avatar image
Christopher Clogg asked

Steam login (cannot connect to destination host)

Hi, I am having an issue with one user not being able to login through Steam. The playfab ID is E021C4F119080A94 if you want to see their event history. It seems like the player_logged_in and entity_logged_in events are happening, but in-game the LoginWithSteam API call is getting an error (cannot connect to destination host) every time. If it's something on his end, are there things I can suggest? ie firewall or try a different network...
Thanks. This is for Title ID D36D.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

So only one user has this issue? The error "cannot connect to destination host" is a common Unity network error as the client can't connect to the server. It's hard to say why the user has this issue. You can suggest the user configure the firewall to allow your game or try with another network to see if it works.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Christopher Clogg avatar image Christopher Clogg commented ·

Yes I sent those suggestions. Haven't heard back yet. Unfortunately he only speaks korean so hopefully the message is understood.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.