question

Nelson Ciofi avatar image
Nelson Ciofi asked

Entity or Classic

Hi,

I'm new to Playfab and getting started.

Classic and Entity are two different frameworks? Entity is newer, should I stick to it and forget Classic?

entities
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

For the moment, we'd recommend sticking with the Classic API set (Client, Server, Admin). We're working on expanding the Entity API set to be a super-set of what's available in our legacy systems. Once we've gotten to that point, we'll be pushing for new titles to adopt the Entity model.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yaser avatar image Yaser commented ·

Greetings.

Is that still the case? Should we still use the Classic API instead of the Entity API?

I have read on this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/data/playerdata/ :

"

It is recommended that all new Titles utilize Entity objects, as that will give the most flexibility and performance for your game."

That post was written on 6/12/2018, so it's older than the above answer, which confuses me.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Yaser commented ·

At this point, we would recommend using the Entity data services, as they have significant improvements over the older system.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.