question

luis avatar image
luis asked

What Apis i have to use to structure a collection or entities for my Database?

Hello, I'm new to play fab and I wanted to ask the following, I'm familiar with non-relational databases but I have not been able to apply it in playfab, I do not know what APIS should be used to create the collections or entities in my database.
I attach an image of what I mean.

i attach other image to be more explicit

I have trying some things but i really dont understand at all the documentation.

For example: a new user register to my game, i used playfabserverApi to store name, last name, user name and password in a json object in title data, BTW i used authentication Api to register and login the user, but when a new user register, in my title data User, it updated the data that i have it and i lost the information for my last user.
Title Dataentitiesdata
captura.png (25.4 KiB)
captura.png (19.9 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I am not sure what you are trying to do. It is impossible if you want to implement a complete custom database inside PlayFab. Storing player information in Title Data is not a good practice, please see Using Title Data for more information. The data that stored in Title Data should not be changed frequently.

If you haven’t tried Game Manager, we highly recommend you to get familiar with it so that you can save a lot of time for developing your game. When players create accounts, those accounts will be seen at [Game Manager] -> [players] tab. Here is an example of a player account:

All the data and features are actually shown in the web GUI, and they can be retrieved via API calls. You do not need to craft your own database structure.

Please see more tutorials at the section Players in Game Manager on https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

luis avatar image luis commented ·

Thank you @SethDu, its been hard to me to understand many things because i' ve been working with another kind of backend service like firebase work different, BTW i just need to read more about the playfab docummentation to get more confortable.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.