question

software1103 avatar image
software1103 asked

How can I use Playfab as Admin panel?

Hello, everyone.

I am making simple poker game by using Unity + Photon Cloud Server + Playfab.

For now, I use playfab as simple data storage for each player and currency.

But I found out that playfab was able to be used as Admin Panel in some documentation.

So I want to know how well admin panel, which is created with the playfab, works.

For example, can I create and add the new rooms for poker game by interacting the playfab with the photon cloud?

I want your help.

Thanks...

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·

PlayFab doesn't and can't manage "rooms" created in Photon. With Photon Cloud, when the player calls PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom, one room is created. And if all the players in this room left (by calling PhotonNetwork.LeaveRoom), this room will be deleted. You can not manage this with Server/Admin. See http://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/12504/close-room-by-server-cloud-via-web.

0 Likes 0 ·
software1103 avatar image software1103 JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Thanks @JayZuo.

You are right. But I want to use playfab as admin panel of my game.

Is this possible? If this is impossible, what is the advantage of the using playfab?

I don't make sure this point now.

Thanks...

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, Photon and PlayFab are distinct systems. To create a Room in Photon, you would need to use their SDK to call into their service. The PlayFab Multiplayer tabs are currently specific to our server hosting. So, if you were to use a custom game server, you could monitor the status of those servers there.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

software1103 avatar image software1103 commented ·

Thanks, @Brendan.

You mean that I might monitor the status of my custom game server by using PlayFab Multiplayer tabs?

I am sorry to say that I don't know the meaning of the custom game server exactly because I begin to learn PlayFab. In my case, is this photon cloud?

Help me please...

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan software1103 commented ·

Yes, if you write your own game server executable and host it in our service, you can see the status of running hosts and instances, and you can shut down instances as needed. If you host externally, you can still see the status of running instances in the Game Manager (but you can't manage them from there).

This is completely unrelated to the Photon cloud. With Photon Realtime or PUN, you are just using their servers to host "rooms" that you can connect players to - it's not your own custom executable.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.