question

nightcaller avatar image
nightcaller asked

Give Rewards to Player in Leaderboard from position #100 to #1,000,000 ?

Hi

I'm wondering if it's possible to grant rewards to player from position #100 - #1,000,000?

In my game, the leaderboard resets weekly and players get their reward based on their past position.

Top 10 gets their prize, but the remaining players can also get a small reward.

I can set up the reward for top 10 players easily using the Prize Tables.

However, when I configure the rewards for player from , say, 11-1,000,000, I encountered the "Over Limit" error

If the Prize Table limits to 10 groups and 250 positions (in my subscription), so is there any way I can accomplish the goal?

P/S; Trying to make it using Segments, but has no result so far, since the Segment doesn't have "Leaderboard" position.

Thanks

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

In order to make sure we can continue to provide a free tier, as well as keep our costs low on our other tiers, there are limits on the service component - the max amount of data that can be written at a time, the max number of times a client can make API calls per minute/hour, etc. In the case of prize tables, you can grant prizes for the top 10 in our free tier, and up to the first 1,000 in our paid tiers. If you'd like to give prizes to players beyond that, we have a couple of options:

1. Use a Scheduled Task which iterates across all players in the leaderboard and grants them prizes. You'll want to use multiple statistics in this, in a rotation. That way, while prizes are being given out for "highscoreA", you'll be using "highscoreB" for the current game (based on server-authoritative calls to check the date, either in your custom game server or Cloud Script).

2. Talk to us about moving to an Enterprise tier contract. In the Enterprise tier, we can create a custom contract that provides for resources above and beyond our normal service tiers, with the added cost accounted for in the contract. Our sales team can assist you with that (sales@playfab.com).

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anh Le avatar image Anh Le commented ·

Is it possible to solve this by not reward to a specific user but to a segment of user? Our players have a stats like "League Tier" which is similar to League of Legends. If I give different rewards to different leagues (only 25), is it simpler?

0 Likes 0 ·
nightcaller avatar image nightcaller commented ·

Hi Brendan

Thanks for your reply.

So in short, I need to use Scheduled Task with a custom script to achieve my goal.

May I ask, can Segment handle this ? (I looked at this feature yesterday and found nothing about Leaderboard maybe I was just missing something)

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan nightcaller commented ·

Yes, that's what I was describing in 1 above - to be clear, you would use a Scheduled Task which is run against a Segment of players.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.