question

durmusalicollu avatar image
durmusalicollu asked

Does Title Data get cached?

Hi,

I am not sure about this, also I haven't had any problem before, but today I realized my title data comes incorrect when I update it frequently. (like 5 times in a minute). I am working on a concept but and trying some settings. Because of that I am updating Title data value from cloud script. The values updated correctly but when I read and write over it, I am losing all the works done in around a minute. After one point it brings me old value, because of reading and writing over, I am changing old value.

Is this a kind of bug, or is Title Data get cached for sometime?

Regards

CloudScriptTitle Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, Title Data is a sharded and cached resource, and is only meant for use cases where it is not updated frequently. What is the feature you're trying to implement, exactly?

10 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

durmusalicollu avatar image durmusalicollu commented ·

I am trying to create a kind of data storage, where admin can update the items, add new item, or modify it or change the quantity, and users can get items from this general pool. With cloud script, I am finding the proper item from json list and changing it and then updating title data again.

For this I wanted to use Economy side with using catalog Item, although, I cannot create a new item or change the quantity or modify it from remotely. (With cloud script, because I am giving interface to editors where they can easily add, modify, remove items). This data suppose to be title-wise so that I am using title data, maybe I should move this to specific player and use it as user data instead of title data. Or do you have any other suggestion to create a kind of database/datastorage?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan durmusalicollu commented ·

If you are only updating occasionally, and only from an Admin tool, and clients are only ever querying the data (specifically not triggering anything that is trying to change the data) that shouldn't be a problem. However, why are you using Cloud Script, specifically? How are you preventing clients from being able to call it? What Title ID is this, and what is the name of the handler in Cloud Script, so that we can have a look?

0 Likes 0 ·
durmusalicollu avatar image durmusalicollu brendan commented ·

I have changed it from Title Data to user data and it works fine now.

However, why are you using Cloud Script, specifically? How are you preventing clients from being able to call it?

I am using cloud script because there will be more then one moderators who an add items, modify them or delete them. Not to make them complicated, I am giving them an user Interface made with Unity to make sure they are entering right values. How am I preventing is, I am not exposing those functions to general clients. Those functions are only in the moderators side. Also this app won't be public to everyone. It will be for in house usage. So that security won't be a problem.

If you want to check it, here is the title ID C083. Cloudscript file is not too big and most of them works similar way.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
durmusalicollu avatar image durmusalicollu durmusalicollu commented ·

I can send more info in private. Can you contact me because I couldn't find a way to send message to you.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan durmusalicollu commented ·

We provide private support to folks in our Professional and Enterprise tiers. As far as feature designs go, we realize that folks tend to be concerned about their ideas, but all we need in this case is a high-level view of what the goal is, not specifics that might be your competitive advantage. Feel free to use examples from other games as the basis for comparison.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
krishole avatar image krishole commented ·

How often does this cache update? We are trying to use it for a secret key using another service and cloudscript however now that i've got a new key to put in i'm not sure how long we need to wait before the new key will be cached. is there a method to force an update?

0 Likes 0 ·
durmusalicollu avatar image durmusalicollu krishole commented ·

My workaround for this was instead of using Title Data, I have created an administrator user, basically normal user but does not plays the game and used for only administrative works, and stored those data on their information. Those information updates without cache. Cloudscript was known this user Id, so it was checking directly for it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.