question

Dale Strickler avatar image
Dale Strickler asked

Are Entities ever garbage collect or can you get a list of all of them to clean them up?

In general, I expect our code to track all entities while it is operational. However during testing and debugging I am expecting some zombie entities (entities created but there are no stored references) until I have this all figure out. It would be great to know if there is a way to clean up the zombies?

entitiestest
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I'm guessing you're referring to Group Entities? There isn't a way to list them currently, but we are working on adding that in the coming quarter.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dale Strickler avatar image Dale Strickler commented ·

Yes, Group Entities. Super! I look forward to it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dale Strickler avatar image Dale Strickler commented ·

Followup: Re-reading this: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/entities/entity-groups it says, "In short, Entity Groups can be any collection of Entities (whether ...), which need a persistent-state bound to that group."

Does this imply that if nothing is bound to the group it will expire and go away?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Dale Strickler commented ·

No, it doesn't. Groups are not deleted if they don't have entities associated with them.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.