question

dsmith avatar image
dsmith asked

Best way to deal with title data on code branches with different data formats?

We store JSON data about missions in title data. Two mission designers often work on different git branches with colliding changes to mission data, or that require different mission data format (i.e. moving or renaming field names). Do you have recommendations to ensure that a build of the game is pulling title data that's compatible with that specific build? I can think of several potential solutions, but I'm sure others have encountered the same problem. Thanks!

Title DataShared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

It sounds like you want a versioned Title Data system so that different builds of your game can use different versions of Title Data. If so there is no built-in solution in PlayFab for now. You will need to manage the data by yourself. There is also a feature request for this here: https://community.playfab.com/idea/900/210579337-Versioned-Title-Data.html, you can vote on it to boost its priority.

Besides, if you are in development phase and just want to test different mission designers, you may set different titles for each branch to have a test.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.