question

Brian Choi avatar image
Brian Choi asked

which format should we use for catalog ItemID?

Hi, I'm choi,

I'm trying to set ItemId and IAP validation with Unity3D so have been following tutorials that PlayFab uploaded here. During the tutorial I have been curious about ItemId that we written on Catalog of PlayFabAdmin page is gonna use for receipt validation? Because I modified ItemId from 'com.blabla.blabla.itemId' to 'itemId' but on store page (Apple/Google) has ItemId such as 'com.blabla.blabla.itemId'.

for reason why I tried to modify ItemId is I saw post here that have limitation of character count.

If I would like to use IAP validation, should we match ItemId with real store(apple/android)?

CloudScriptCharacter Data
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian Choi avatar image Brian Choi commented ·

I usually formated ItemId as 'com.company.applicationName.ItemId'

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Yeah, the Item ID should match the Product ID in the Google Play. Using 'com.company.applicationName.ItemId' should be OK. For more info, please see https://api.playfab.com/blog/show-me-money-receipt-validation-ios-and-android.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.