question

el-inside avatar image
el-inside asked

The right way to store my Player Stats like Healthpoints, Damage...

Hello, im new here, and probably someone asked this before. Sorry for that.

I am not sure if it's correct to put these stats into the title data, because when i going to my players statistics, the keys and default values don't appear like they do for virtual currency.

Do i have to set the keys and default values again manually for each player?

I wouldn't have a leaderboard for these stats.

Title Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

For player attributes for which you don't want a leaderboard, you should be using Player Data. You can find a tutorial on that here: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/using-player-data.

If it's something that changes rapidly, though, like health, you may just want to keep it on the client. Player data tends to be for things like character class, settings, or talent choices.

You definitely do not want to use title data for anything that will change based on player action. Title data is intended for things that are relatively constant in your game. Think of things like level names, base ability attributes, enemy types, etc.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.