question

dogukansengul avatar image
dogukansengul asked

Do I need to pay for Photon separately?

Hi,

I integrated Photon add-on to my Playfab title. I created a realtime app on photon with free tier. As far as I understand I don't need to increase my tier at Photon, and Playfab will handle the CCU and bill me for it. Do I need to do anything else about Photon? I just want to be sure that I won't have any players rejected because of CCU limit.

Thank you

limitsphoton
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

PlayFab does not do any photon billing anymore. You will need to pay for it in Photon side.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dogukansengul avatar image dogukansengul commented ·

Thanks for reply.

However I still don't understand why it says Playfab will bill me if I will pay for photon as well:

"Photon Realtime and Chat functionality comes with up to 20 concurrent connected users (CCU) for free. This is rate limited so you don't have to worry about overage charges.

If you need more CCU, you can upgrade your account and remove the rate limit. PlayFab will bill you monthly per 100 CCU."

I upgraded my Playfab account to Indie Tier btw.

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan dogukansengul commented ·

You can ignore the text under "Get the Power of Photon" that says we bill for Photon usage - that's out of date as of the change to have you provide your own Photon account info. Only legacy titles that are using Photon App IDs configured by us are billed for Photon usage.

We have a bug filed against the page to get the text updated.

0 Likes 0 ·
dogukansengul avatar image dogukansengul commented ·

Ok thank you both @JayZuo and @Brendan

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.