question

ianphipps avatar image
ianphipps asked

How do I enable Platform functionality on Trends Explorer?

In Analytics > Trends, there is a pulldown at the top of the screen that says "--All Platforms--" by default. The only other choice is "Unknown". I'd like to be able to see my game's data separated by iOS, Amazon, and GooglePlay, or at least iOS vs Android. What do I need to do for this pulldown to work, or does it not even do what I think it does?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

To enable Trends, please change your settings in the Data Collection tab. See Data Collection for more details, especially Sessions and Device Info tutorials.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rknoesel avatar image rknoesel commented ·

Since we're not using any SDK, is it possible to call ReportDeviceInfo manually in order to populate the "--All Platforms--" pull-down? I suppose I could look at the source for the various SDKs to check the format, but I'd like to save the time if this information already exists somewhere.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ rknoesel commented ·

We haven't posted a Do-It-Yourself guide to the Session and Device Info events, so the source in the Unity SDK is probably your best bet: https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK/blob/master/Source/PlayFabSDK/Client/PlayFabDeviceUtil.cs#L34.

I'll see about getting a documentation request filed.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.