question

odditydeveloper avatar image
odditydeveloper asked

Generate list of users - show each user with their custom email IDs, and other player profile data

Hi,

Is there a way where I can get a list of all users who have linked their accounts to their emails, and query a few key/value pairs in their profiles? I will also be happy if I can just get their account IDs so i can do my queries in phases of a few hundred users each.

I would like to generate a table of users, together with their email addresses and 2 more key/value pairs from their player profile. I did not store my players' email addresses in their profile (since I thought it was already linked).

From what I understand, GetUserCombinedInfo has all the information that I need, but I am probably limited to 10k accounts if I list the accounts using GetPlayersInSegment. GetPlayersInSegment won't work because I already have more than 10k users if I create a segment with users who logged in on the first day, and I believe that it will cause a timeout if I go straight ahead with 10K users.

game manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

First of all, please try to avoid using GetUserCombinedInfo, because it is an obsolete API which is not supported in the latest SDK. I am not sure if it is your input mistake but PLEASE use GetPlayerCombinedInfo instead.

About GetPlayersInSegment, it is true that for a single API call, the maximum limitation will be exceeded. However, please check our documentation, there are 2 properties that can make you realize a paging-like feature. The ContinuationToken property is the token that tells if the API call is asking for the next batch of data, and SecondsToLive defines the lifecycle of the token. In addition, you can also defines the size of each batch in MaxBatchSize. We believe this feature will handle the large quantity of players in segments.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

odditydeveloper avatar image odditydeveloper commented ·

Thank you. Managed to get things started

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.