question

software1103 avatar image
software1103 asked

How to manage game custom data?

Hi. I'm developing simple poker game by using photon + playfab + unity3D. I'm using photon cloud as my game server. But there are some issues.

In playfab game manager, there is "players" tab managing all the data of players.

By the way, how do you manage game room ( or table) being created by poker players at the game manager of playfab?

For example, if I need to make new game room in playfab game manager, what shall I do for this?

I want your great help.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Game Manager's Players tab is completely unrelated to your use of Photon. Photon Realtime or PUN can be used to create "rooms" such as you describe, so that players can connect and exchange packets in realtime. I would suggest reviewing this tutorial:

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-tournaments/photon-unity

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

software1103 avatar image software1103 commented ·

@Brendan,Thank for your quick reply.

I looked at your suggested tutorial carefully. But, what I want to know is how the playfab manages "rooms" I described above.

I have already created "rooms" by using photon cloud in PUN and at this time, other players can join into the rooms. However, I dont manage the rooms in playfab.

I want for playfab to display rooms and to create and delete them in the special case.

First, I need for playfab to display rooms existing in photon cloud.

Help me, please....

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ software1103 commented ·

PlayFab doesn't and can't manages "rooms". When the player calls PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom, one room is created. And if all the players in this room left (by calling PhotonNetwork.LeaveRoom), this room will be deleted.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan software1103 commented ·

Yes, the key point here is that the Rooms you are creating are in Photon - not PlayFab. As they are not managed in any way in PlayFab, they are not part of the Game Manager.

0 Likes 0 ·
software1103 avatar image software1103 brendan commented ·

Yes, I see.

But I have a question. In playfab game manager, how is the room, being created when the room created event occurs on cloud script, managed?

For example, can I know the number of created rooms?

I want your good advice. thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.