question

vitae666 avatar image
vitae666 asked

Latest Brave Browser won't login to Playfab via Kongregate

Updated to the latest version of Brave Browser. Logged into Kongregate and started up a game and all my progress was lost. On Brave's console it said: Playfab Account logged in: False

It's a Chrome based Browser.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

So, it sounds like you're an end user having trouble playing a game that makes use of PlayFab, yes? This forum is really meant for supporting game developers - as an end user, your best bet is to contact the developer of the game. Since we don't have access to their code, there's really no way we could debug issues with specific titles.

What I can say is that for web games, they tend to store your auth credentials either in cookies or a storage file space controlled by the browser. Which they use is going to be up to the developer, but basically, if you've lost access to the previous credentials your browser was using, you won't be able to sign into the same account. I'm not familiar with the details of the "Brave" browser however, so I can't really advise on what it does with cookies and save files when you upgrade. For that, you may want to contact the developers of the browser, to see if they can advise.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vitae666 avatar image vitae666 commented ·

Thanks. Game connected to Playfab with no issue on the previous version, and stopped on the current version. Nothing to do with the coding of the game. All browser related. Wrote here to see if anyone else had the same issue. Didn't know this was a "developer only" forum but figured there'd be other developers that had seen this problem.

Considering I'm accessing the exact same Playfab account in Chrome and Firefox and WAS in Brave, the whole "won't be able to sign into the same account" part won't apply because it's via Kongregate.

But thanks. I've written to Brave as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan vitae666 commented ·

If the game is using LoginWithKongregate, it would get back to the same account every time. Since what you're saying is that it's creating a new account (your progress being missing indicates this), that would mean the game isn't signing in with that API call. I'd really have to recommend that you talk to the developer. The answer to your issue is going to depend upon the specific calls they used in their login flow, which aren't necessarily going to match those of other developers.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.