question

david-marcelis avatar image
david-marcelis asked

Custom Webhook not firing

I am trying to add a custom webhook in order to set up some centralized error reporting/handling.

I have created a custom Flask application that listens to a POST request for /ReportEvent on port 80 and enabled a PlayFab webhook for endpoint

http://[mycustomdomain].ddns.net/ReportEvent

This works as intended when manually firing through Postman, however I'm not seeing any POSTs from PlayFab when I log a user in.

Is there something I missing here, or certain requirements on the API endpoint that aren't documented?

webhooks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

david-marcelis avatar image
david-marcelis answered

The issue has been resolved. I moved the script to a different machine today, and it works now. So it was either a configuration error on my side, or PlayFab needed some time to process the webhook.

It would be nice to have some feedback regarding this in the PlayFab UI. I'll create a feature request for this.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

I can confirm that there's no delay in webhook configuration. Once you have it set up, event should be flowing to the endpoint specified.

1 Like 1 ·
david-marcelis avatar image david-marcelis brendan commented ·

Thanks! Then it was just a misconfiguration on my end, apologies!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What's your Title ID, so that we can look at the configuration?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.