question

TemporaryUser avatar image
TemporaryUser asked

Using playfab to also build a whitelabel app store?

Assuming with in-game monetization tooling existing with Playfab, that if I wanted to create an internal app store within my game - to unlock access to paid content or mini-games - that this is possible? Primary challenge here I'm guessing would be allowing 3rd party authoring of the content/games would likely have to happen outside Playfab and then ingested into our Playfab instance. Any other thoughts?

In-Game EconomyContent
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

colincarrier avatar image colincarrier commented ·

Still waiting to hear an update as well

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

We're working on a user generated content service within PlayFab now. That should make what you're trying to do far simpler. We expect it to be available to preview in early 2019. Keep an eye out for more details.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amar avatar image Amar commented ·

Hi Andy, I am interested to know the status on this? If I am a publishing studio working with many developers to publish their game and want to use PlayFab for most of my integration along with our own API calls, but expose PlayFab through our own API gateway. Is this something we need to build ourselves or does Azur has some way to make this easy?

How can we have our developers call: XYZGames.io/GameData -> PlayFab/Client/TitleData?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ Amar commented ·

The initial timeline we shared was obviously wrong. It's still being worked on, though, and being utilized by some internal game projects. We'll have more to share about UGC in the months to come.

As to the API gateway, that sounds like a fairly straightforward web service or maybe web app: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/app-service/web/. You could also go serverless by implementing your gateway APIs in Azure Functions: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/functions/

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.