question

celialegend avatar image
celialegend asked

i can not find the playstream debugger panel.

should it be in professional version ?

PlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

No, it is not in professional version. We believe the PlayStream debugger you are looking for was old version of PlayStream Monitor, the functions that PlayStream debugger provides now can be accessed at [Game manager] -> [Dashboard] -> [PlayStream Monitor].

If you have noticed some old screenshots at documentation like below:

Compared with current PlayStream monitor:

The Pause button is moved and sampling slider bar has become a dropdown list. Others remain the same.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

celialegend avatar image celialegend commented ·

thanks for your response, by the way, i found a online test page https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/WritePlayerEvent#response-properties,

but why there is no FunctionResult something like this way doing https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/ExecuteCloudScript

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ celialegend commented ·

WritePlayerEvent means manually creating an event in the PlayStream, which is nothing to do with Cloud Script. As the documentation illustrates, The success callback result for WritePlayerEvent is only the ID for the event. Function result is from Functions you implement in the Cloud Script. if you are looking for using WritePlayerEvent to trigger a cloud script, you can set up a rule in [Game Manager] -> [Automation] -> [Rule]

0 Likes 0 ·
celialegend avatar image celialegend Seth Du ♦ commented ·

okay, i misunderstood about how WritePlayerEvent works, what i am really want to implement is : i want to write a cloud script something like this

server:

var data = get_client_req_data();
var event_code = data.event_code;
var body = data.body;

switch event_code:

case 1:
		dosomething();

break;

case 2:
		dosomething2();
		break;

return {data: {...}};

client:

PlayFabClientAPI.ExecuteCloudScript(new ExecuteCloudScriptRequest()
        {
            FunctionName = "event_handler", 
            FunctionParameter = new { event_code: 1, body = {...} },
            GeneratePlayStreamEvent = true, 
        }, null, null);

i didn't find something like this pattern in document, may be i should write some custom code to implement it myself by using ExecuteCloudScript ?

thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Good Guy avatar image
Good Guy answered

@Brendan I'm finding it quite frustrating that so many useful links, like your custom-events tutorial link above now just goes to a Microsoft search results page. How are we meant to find the exact tutorial you originally were linking to?

1 comment
10 |1200

franklinchen avatar image franklinchen commented ·

Hi @Evil Twin, the legacy doc site(api.playfab.com) has been migrated to the new one: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/ Generally, the links refer to the old site will be navigated to the corresponding new page. If you still have trouble to find the tutorial, please let us know. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.