question

dev-3 avatar image
dev-3 asked

LoginWithAndroidDeviceID 409

Hello

I use Unity 5.5.5p2 and playfab plugin Version: 2.55.181114.

When I call PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithAndroidDeviceID with deviceId 3727351137f0cebc I always get the error (ServiceUnavailable 409 Conflict).

If I change deviceId (ex. to 3727351137f0cebk) all works fine.

Reproduced in different studios and titles:

Titles IDs - 3C19,C0F8

var request = new  LoginWithAndroidDeviceIDRequest{ AndroidDeviceId = "3727351137f0cebc", CreateAccount = true};
PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithAndroidDeviceID(request,resultCallback,errorCallback);
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

We recently discovered an issue where, when a player with a linked android device id is deleted, the linked android id would linger, preventing it from being used with a new account. The proper way to prevent this is to unlink all linked accounts prior to deleting. Since you've already deleted the account and the device id has already been orphaned you can either wait for a fix or use a new device id.

I'll try to get a timeline for that fix, but I think we've already started working on it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.