question

Anh Le avatar image
Anh Le asked

Suspicious Activity notification after linking Google Play account

After linking Google Play account, I receive an email from Google with the content:

Ability Draft was granted access to your Google Account xxx@gmail.com If you did not grant access, you should check this activity and secure your account.

There is a button to Check activity in the email. When I click to it, it shows: Ability Draft was granted access to your Google account xxx@gmail.com If you didn’t grant access, someone else could be using your account.

It's quite dangerous for our player to see these email and they may think the game is doing something wrong to their accounts.

Please help.
Anh

Account ManagementAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

So, this is the same as the emails you get from services stating that you changed your password. It is controlled by the security settings on the account in the service provider. So there's literally nothing in PlayFab that is related to the logic for when those emails are sent - it is 100% under control of the service provider in question.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anh Le avatar image Anh Le commented ·

I just guess that Playfab requires some sensitive info or permission since I have never got that email when I log in on other games in the Google Play.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Anh Le commented ·

It is common that when you login your google account successfully at a new location or using a new device, you will receive the same activity check emails.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Anh Le commented ·

To be clear, Google has had several versions of auth over time. We're using the OAuth 2 integration they did for Google accounts. We will be adding the newer GooglePlay-specific auth in a future sprint - if that's what you need, I'd recommend liking this Feature Request, to help us with prioritization:

https://community.playfab.com/idea/19317/silent-login-for-google-play-games-services-on-and.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.