question

differencegames avatar image
differencegames asked

How do we create a user segment from UA through Kochava?

We are using the Kochava built in add-on through Playfab for UA on our new game in open beta.

We successfully purchased a few hundred players through Facebook and all this shows properly on the Kochava dashboard. I'm trying to create a segment for these players within Playfab but it isn't finding them. I've attached a screen shot of the segment filter we are trying. We have tried both 'is' and 'is not' on the campaign ID to see if anyone shows up.

One potential problem is that we already had a Kochava account under the same email as our Playfab. Playfab support created a new Kochava account for us under a different email. The email shown on this page - https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/FEA2/addons/Kochava - is not correct.

kochave-help.jpg

kochave-help.jpg (54.7 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

differencegames avatar image differencegames commented ·

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for getting back to us. I don't understand the 'web' vs. 'app' settings you are talking about and where those would be made. Is that on Playfab side or Kochava?

Maybe I didn't explain our problem very well.

Our game is on Android, live in the Play Store in open beta.

We acquired a few hundred users through the Facebook Audience Network using our Playfab created Kochava account for the attribution. This all worked correctly and we see the attributed players on Kochava.

Now we are trying to create a player segment in Playfab from them here:

https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/FEA2/segments/13CBBCA86AB35B4B

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The email is only for your sign-in to Kochava - it has no impact on the integration. When we set up the integration, the App type was set to Android. You should be able to edit the App to change the platform type, though I went ahead and took care of that for you - "Web" is what you want it set to, for Facebook. If you look at the App in Kochava, you'll now see the attributions that were tracked up to now. Going forward, those should be generating events in our service.

9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Our game is on Android in an open beta. We used the Facebook Audience Network to send a few hundred users to the Android game. All that worked correctly and we do see the attribution inside of Kochava.

What I'm trying to do now is create a player segment in Playfab that shows those users - https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/FEA2/segments/13CBBCA86AB35B4B

Is the change you made to 'web' something you set on Kochava or Playfab?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan differencegames commented ·

It's the way the App is configured in Kochava, specifically. Only attributions sent to us after I made that change will be reflected in the events in the title in PlayFab.

0 Likes 0 ·
differencegames avatar image differencegames brendan commented ·

Thanks for the clarification! I'll buy a few more users and see how they show up on Playfab.

Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

I didn't add anything to the app settings on Kochava. What should we do? Is there a guide to follow on how to setup everything?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan differencegames commented ·

No, not in Kochava - in the JavaScript where the ad is presented to the user:

https://support.kochava.com/sdk-integration/web-sdk-integration/

Can you confirm that you can see the tracking code you need in the App, in Kochava?

0 Likes 0 ·
differencegames avatar image differencegames brendan commented ·

We don't control the Javascript in the ads, that happens through the Facebook Audience Manager. Kochava support verified we had the campaign setup correctly on their end when we ran the first FB campaign. On the Kochava dashboard we see the users that we purchase from FB. Now we are trying to create a segment in Playfab from these FB users so we can compare them against non-bought users that also installed the game.

Eventually we will want to go further to create segments on each ad source (FB, Adwords, Unity, etc..) within Playfab. I'm assuming that will be the 'campaignID' second parameter in the segment setup.

I will check with them again to make sure it is still correct after you changed it from 'App' to 'Web'.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.