question

simong@everguild.com avatar image
simong@everguild.com asked

InAppPurchase with iOS and Google

If I understand well after reading this post https://playfab.com/blog/show-me-money-receipt-validation-ios-and-android/

Once I purchased the item through the store (iOS or Google)
I need to send a validationReceipt to playfab and once the receipt is validated the item is added to the inventory.
How do I get the ItemInstance afterward?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The item instance is added to the player's inventory as part of receipt validation - the ItemId must match the Product ID in the platform (iTunes/etc.) catalog, as we match that from the receipt. Once it has been added, you can retrieve it from the player inventory. We do have an open bug to return the ItemInstance in the response from the receipt validation calls as well, so we'll be updating to add that as soon as possible.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tim@ninjatertle.com avatar image tim@ninjatertle.com commented ·

"We do have an open bug to return the ItemInstance in the response from the receipt validation calls as well, so we'll be updating to add that as soon as possible."

Any update on this? It'd be very handy.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan tim@ninjatertle.com commented ·

Not yet, sorry. We prioritize our work in part based on community feedback, and to date, we've only had a couple of people ask about this one. I'll re-ping the engineering team on this item.

0 Likes 0 ·
eric@begoodi.fr avatar image eric@begoodi.fr tim@ninjatertle.com commented ·

I have the same problem, after grant an item, the ItemInstanceId is not in the response and I have to query whole inventory again and loop to search for it. Would be very useful if it was in the response as for other queries (if not too much work).

0 Likes 0 ·
simong@everguild.com avatar image simong@everguild.com tim@ninjatertle.com commented ·

We are interested as well :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.