question

joehot200 avatar image
joehot200 asked

How do I prevent the same account logging into a server multiple times?

How do I prevent the same account login from logging into a custom game server multiple times?

Considering that I will be having premium accounts, it would be pretty bad if hundreds of people could log into the same account and play simultaneously...

How can I ensure that a single account can only be logged into a server once?

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We have a fairly complete discussion on this here: https://community.playfab.com/questions/382/206721757-How-to-prevent-duplicate-login-.html

We will be adding session-based login tokens at a later date, at which point you'll be able to invalidate previous tokens for the account on a login. But for now, the process described in the thread above would be the way to go.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Giorgos Savvides avatar image Giorgos Savvides commented ·

Hi Brendan, Have you added the mechanism you describe here to prevent multiple user logins ? The method described in the link you provided, requires a lot of API calls during the gameplay.

0 Likes 0 ·
noelolsonxyz avatar image noelolsonxyz commented ·

OK!I get it,thank for your answer

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.