question

Canberk Soner avatar image
Canberk Soner asked

Lack of documentation for Google Sign In

We would like to implement Google login for our game, but there are no resources to follow.

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/sign-in-with-google

This page has a broken video with no sound, video uploader said "video with audio will be uploaded soon", 1 year ago.

#3 on Getting Started is broken as well, and PlayFab tutorial says Google's link is outdated and the youtube video on the link does not work.

I have done this before but I hoped I wouldn't have to explore the new UI from scratch while missing certain configs for PlayFab implementation.

Are there any up to date resources about this?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Canberk Soner avatar image Canberk Soner commented ·

For example I've done some setup and PlayFab dashboard gives an error when I paste Service account key. It doesn't say anything else, it just says "Error: error" in a red box.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Yeah, the YouTube video link does not work, but I think it is actually the Tutorial Video which with no audio. And for Service account key, please leave it empty. In PlayFab Google Sign-In Setup, there are a few things you need to enter into this form:

• Google App Package ID
  • Google App License Key
  • Google OAuth Client ID
  • Google OAuth Client Secret

Here is a similar question: https://community.playfab.com/questions/18806/error-message-when-trying-to-install-google-add-on.html might help you.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

We're also in the process of putting together a series of updated video tutorials - you can expect to see more about that in the coming months.

1 Like 1 ·
Justin avatar image Justin brendan commented ·

If you can comment, do you plan to build the series before releasing each video or release them as they are made? Any kind of updated videos will help the users. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Justin commented ·

The plan is to release them as they're made.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.