question

julianscott avatar image
julianscott asked

ValidateGooglePlayPurchase sometimes failing.

About 1 in 3-4 times the ValidateGooglePlayPurchase fails with Invalid Signature, yet works fine the rest of the time. I'm using a google test account, but am naturally reluctant to release this as it would be bad if customers experienced this.

This happens when purchasing the same item over and over, or by switching around different items. I can't see any difference between the two.

Any ideas why this would fail so frequently?

Thanks.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Justin avatar image
Justin answered

As I read in this question, you may need to get the original reciept returned.. ? @Brendan

https://community.playfab.com/questions/21777/validategoogleplaypurchase-invalid-signature.html

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Yes, that's correct. If the response is "Invalid Signature", either the signature was changed (unlikely), or else the elements of the receipt were modified in some way before being sent to us for validation. Even re-ordering the KVPs in the JSON data would impact the signature calculation - the receipt should be exactly the same as what Google sent to the client.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.