Since OpenIAB has disappeared what is PlayFabs recommended IAP Asset?
I have looked at a few in the Unity Store. Some require an internet connection and don't allow offline cloud save functionality at all yet; Simple IAP - has PlayFab integration. Here is a quote from their site.
"To not postpone big updates several months, we've decided to implement PlayFab in 3 phases in Simple IAP System:
- 1. phase: cloud save requires an online connection at all times. No data is saved on the device.
- 2. phase: save data on the device too. Handle data conflicts caused by different server or local data version in a popup presented to the user.
- 3. phase: hybrid - make it possible to go from online > offline or offline > online during the game. Compare local/server data and handle data conflicts automatically based on developer defined merging rules.
The first phase is what landed in the initial 4.0 version of Simple IAP System. As it requires an online connection throughout the whole play session, it is the most secure solution by far, altough better suited at devices supporting a reliable internet connection (desktop pc's via ethernet or mobile devices using wi-fi). Please keep that in mind when making use of this first iteration. Basically you have two options with online-only games when there is no internet connection available:
- logging into PlayFab is not possible - it would be best to disallow entering the game at this state
- or, only permit offline mode without earning & spending (such as a training mode with local scores)"
Most of the IAP Tutorials and Examples point to now defunct OpenIAB. Is there example code of a simple UnityIAP (Unity Purchasing) integration? I have already searched this forum and have found very little current information about IAP integration with PlayFab. I have already read https://api.playfab.com/blog/show-me-money-receipt-validation-ios-and-android . Trying to use Unity's Codeless IAP became a dead end when I could find no way to pass the item list into the IAP Button objects from a pool. So, I have gone back to the native code version of UnityIAP. I am currently trying to figure out how to exactly layout a system for using PlayFab catalog items and Google items to show the user a list of valid items and to handle the many steps for a store transaction. Its pretty messy so far. Does anyone else have these issues? Is there a straight forward tutorial on this besides the above link? Thanks You.