question

Paul Pacheco avatar image
Paul Pacheco asked

Unity server in Thunderhead

My game needs a unity server (not photon). The documentation for for Thunderhead points to GSDK but it does not look like that will work for unity servers since it has a blocking call.

How do I deploy a unity server in Thunderhead?

sdksCustom Game Servers
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Garry Clark avatar image Garry Clark commented ·

Is there an expected date for a Unity and Thunderhead SDK example and official support release. It was originally said in January 2019 and here we are going into January 2020 and I still see no support for Unity for the 2.0 stuff.

I had this working using the dlls from the WinRunnerSample and something has now broken what I had working. This line of code config = GameserverSDK.getConfigSettings(); now throws a JSON error when it executes.

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Deploying a Unity server in Thunderhead is the same as deploying Game Server SDK Sample - Windows Runner. The only difference is that Windows Runner is a C# console application and your server will be a Unity application. For more info, please see Quickstart for multiplayer servers (Game Manager) and Deploying PlayFab multiplayer server builds. Like what in Windows Runner, to make your Unity server work, you will need to integrate with the PlayFab Game Server SDK (GSDK) (see Basics of a PlayFab game server). GSDK samples show this integration through a very simple HTTP server sample app.

And now we have a Unity sample here: https://github.com/PlayFab/gsdkSamples based on UnityGsdk.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Paul Pacheco avatar image
Paul Pacheco answered

It is March 2020 Is that example available yet?

2 comments
10 |1200

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

@goldbug I haven't looked through the code comprehensively but I do believe that this is what you're looking for. (Check in "MultiplayerServerSample")

1 Like 1 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·

We also have a sample here: https://github.com/PlayFab/gsdkSamples.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.