question

colinmacleod avatar image
colinmacleod asked

"Error": "There is no item in the catalog with an ID matching the product ID in the receipt"

I created a small test app to work on our approach to restoring in app non-consumable purchases.

When I submit a purchase via the Google store, it see the player receipt validation in the PlayFab playstream but it fails with the message "There is no item in the catalog with an ID matching the product ID in the receipt".

I've clearly missed a step in the setup because the product Id appears to be there. Can you please help?

Here's the full Json from the receipt:

{
"EventName": "player_receipt_validation",
"PaymentProvider": "Google Play",
"PaymentType": "ReceiptValidation",
"ReceiptContent": "{\"orderId\":\"GPA.3362-5407-3005-09690\",\"packageName\":\"lol.copycat.SISRestorePurchases\",\"productId\":\"test2\",\"purchaseTime\":1542736758067,\"purchaseState\":0,\"developerPayload\":\"{\\\"developerPayload\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"is_free_trial\\\":false,\\\"has_introductory_price_trial\\\":false,\\\"is_updated\\\":false}\",\"purchaseToken\":\"ljkedhacbafnccceejaimopa.AO-J1OwwwIXuGA4CNRnXiQVowyfSAIUGiHkWb-te1D5rE7xxOC-DjQv__Li_SlUxcL2AvLB7ZqtQgd1KUybcdijlcRp2nCfIFRDmqFe6rPZp1CbUPm8uoiWU3b8GE3XEwWS3J7Ze0KBA\"}",
"Valid": true,
"Error": "There is no item in the catalog with an ID matching the product ID in the receipt",
"EntityId": "603E285F95581A09",
"EventNamespace": "com.playfab",
"EntityType": "player",
"Source": "PlayFab",
"TitleId": "1DF8",
"EventId": "da13f27398cb458a97f3404f54b3f7a4",
"SourceType": "BackEnd",
"Timestamp": "2018-11-20T17:59:21.9328547Z",
"History": null,
"CustomTags": null,
"Reserved": null,
"PlayFabEnvironment": {
"Vertical": "master",
"Cloud": "main",
"Application": "mainserver",
"Commit": "af99ffd"}
}

I'm using Unity 2018.2.4f1 and Google Play. I'm also using Unity IAP and the asset Simple IAP System (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/add-ons/services/billing/simple-iap-system-12343).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It's the same as for iTunes - you have to have your primary catalog set up with those items. Have a look at this thread:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/723/208954957-Can-t-get-ValidateIOSReceipt-to-working.html

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

colinmacleod avatar image colinmacleod commented ·

Thanks, @Brendan, but I thought I had done that?

0 Likes 0 ·
capture3.png (27.3 KiB)
brendan avatar image brendan colinmacleod commented ·

That's half the battle - the key is "primary catalog". Only the catalog specifically selected as the primary for your title will be used for receipt validation.

1 Like 1 ·
colinmacleod avatar image colinmacleod brendan commented ·

Got it - thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.