question

tomek avatar image
tomek asked

GetLeaderboardForUserCharacters returns wrong result.

So in documentation for GetLeaderboardForUserCharacters it's specified that: "Note that the Position of the character in the results is for the overall leaderboard.", but the result in fact only returns the position among player characters so my player can be 5th in top 10 results for the metric, but GetLeaderboardForUserCharacters returns 0 position. If I have multiple chars, they will get always positions starting from 0. Did I misunderstood that description? I just want a position of my player's character, do i need to call leaderboard around character?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

That looks like a bug in the API to me. I've filed it will push to get it fixed.

In the interim, I'd recommend calling GetLeaderboardAroundCharacter. If a player has multiple characters, they'll need to call it multiple times.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tomek avatar image tomek commented ·

Thanks for the answers, I was hoping to avoid that, with 7 leaderboards, and lets say 10 characters (likely), I will have to make 70 calls !!!, that seems a bit much.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.