question

apcrol avatar image
apcrol asked

Should I clean up anonymous login profiles?

As I can seen in Players section of Dashboard there are many profiles from anonymous logins, how to deal with them or should I?

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Under normal circumstance, there will be many accounts that generated via anonymous login. However, if you have noticed large quantity of accounts are being creating in a short time, you should review your login/authentication workflow to see if there is any possibility that someone with malice can make use of design flaw. Our suggestion is using LoginWithIOSDeviceID or LoginWithAndroidDeviceID instead of LoginWithCustomID since device ID is unique.

As I mentioned above, you do not have to worry about player accounts that created by anonymous logins. Even for Essential Tier users, PlayFab does not set a player accounts limitation number or MAU for the developers. However, you still can see the information about limitations like Catalog items numbers, statistics names, API call limit and etc. at [Game Manager] à[Settings]à[Limits]

If you want to manage those inactive accounts, Segmentation feature can be a good solution to categorize players.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Also, bear in mind that you can disable any or all of the Client API calls. So if you use a token-based login system like Facebook or Twitch as the main way you want players to sign in, you can disable all the others, preventing anyone from creating an account via one of the ID-based login mechanisms.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.