question

Thomas Brown avatar image
Thomas Brown asked

Why is EntityKey defined uniquely to all Models in Unity?

Right now handling EntityKeys seems a little strange. If I receive a ClientModel EntityKey I can't work with it in a easy way when passing it to a function that requires let's say a MultiplayerModel EntityKey.

Should the EntityKey Model be moved to something like SharedModels due to the fact that it's the same across all model groups?

Thanks in advance!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

This is a by design issue. We suggest you to post a thread about it in Feature Requests forum. More votes from other users can help with the priority.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

This is actually a bug in the SDKs which we'll be fixing shortly.

1 Like 1 ·
RGV avatar image
RGV answered

First and foremost, sorry about the necroposting, but it's been a while and I don't see any fix in the last SDK, either in roadmap. I may missed something.
It's really painful, specially in terms of a clean coding, all the transmutations you must operate between EntityKey identical stuff. :(

Adding implicit operators relieve it a bit on the outside, but I don't think it's a proper solution, besides I'm overwriting the Playfab SDK.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.