question

walldiv avatar image
walldiv asked

API - False Information for responses.....

Why does the API state that it returns CharacterID in SEVERAL places/functions - when in fact it does not? You can test this (if its available) by the TryNow button in each function - for instance the
GetCharacterInventory()

this is kind of crucial information that should return what it is saying it IS returning - yet the fields arent even there. What gives?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Yes, this is actually a known issue. See https://community.playfab.com/questions/24304/bug-getcharacterinventory-characterid-is-emptynull.html. For more information and workaround, please see @Brendan's answer here: https://community.playfab.com/answers/2880/view.html.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

walldiv avatar image walldiv commented ·

@JayZuo - i know you answered the previous question which is the same as this.... but in all honesty the TRY NOW button on the website for teh API Docs - DOES NOT even return the CharacterId field...... so either someone is NOT programmming BOTH the website AND the UE4 plugin correctly, or the API TRULY does not return the CharacterId field.

I guess i'll copy over my JSON code into this project and see if i can get it to work that way.

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ walldiv commented ·

Yeah, the API does not return the CharacterId field. So not only the website, all SDK have the same issue. This is an API bug should be fixed. For now, as a workaround, you can get the CharacterId from the request data as @Brendan suggested.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.