question

benmadsen avatar image
benmadsen asked

Can you get a list of transactions that were processed from an iOS Receipt Validation Call

I'm looking for a way to finalize transactions after they are validated. I would like to be able to do a comparison between what transactions our local device sees as open (from StoreKit) and what was just processed by the Apple Receipt Validation call to PlayFab. Or, are we left to call the verification ourselves in order to get the transactions in the receipt and then call it again through PlayFab in order to do the authoritative call?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you help me understand what you mean by "finalize transactions"? When you send the receipt to us, we validate it (including making sure it has never been used before, and that the items in it are actually in your catalog) and then fulfill the purchase, placing the items in the player inventory. What additional things do you need to do to finalize it?

If you believe a purchase may not have been completed, one thing you could do would just be to send the receipt to us again. If it has already been used, you'll get back an error to that effect.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

benmadsen avatar image benmadsen commented ·

I'm trying to protect against the case that the native store purchase succeeds and the PlayFab calls for whatever reason (timing, crash, whatever). Are you saying that the ValidateIOSReceipt call will handle multiple in-app purchases within the receipt and will automatically close them all? Or are we still responsible for making sure the transactions are closed after validation?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ benmadsen commented ·

We will handle any and all transactions contained within a receipt (as long as they have corresponding item ids in your PlayFab catalog) and we will also ensure we don't process the same receipt twice. If your game crashes prior to receiving the response, you can always pass the receipt back to us and we'll either process it or reject it as a duplicate. Specifically, we pass back a ReceiptAlreadyUsed error (https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/ValidateIOSReceipt).

0 Likes 0 ·
matt-6 avatar image matt-6 Andy ♦♦ commented ·

It would be useful for it to return a list of items awarded like PuchaseItem does.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.