question

dinosam avatar image
dinosam asked

Inquiry: UE4 data analytics on Playfab

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Could you please specify your question? You can find PlayFab's Analytics tutorial here: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-analytics/. Which feature you want to use? And what is the problem you are facing?

0 Likes 0 ·
dinosam avatar image dinosam commented ·

Hello everyone :-)

I am new to Playfab and looking solution to the following needs:

We built a desktop UE4 application for single user to play in offline mode. We would like to upload the log file which contains play information for online data analytics and visualization. For example, user will be able to see the scores and play time through web interface.

I notice Playfab has Segment or Snowflake add-on for data analytics, but it seems we need to host our application online for such add-on. Since we do not host our application online or neither does our application multi-player game, is there other solutions we can use Playfab to automatically upload the log files for data analytics?

Sam

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

Here's what I replied in the slack channel:

If you're primarily interested in just scores and playtime, those could fit easily within our player statistics and player data features. If being offline is important, you'd still need to buffer the updates locally, but it'd be pretty straightforward to push the end results into player data once you reconnected.

Beyond player data, we also allow you to push up whole files associated with a player entity. The relevant APIs are here: https://api.playfab.com/documentation/Data#File Your game client could upload the files associated with a player and then your web interface, if the player logged in, would be able to retrieve and parse the files.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dinosam avatar image dinosam commented ·

Hi Andy: Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I'll connect you through Slack.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.