question

Dale Strickler avatar image
Dale Strickler asked

Are Session tickets device specific?

By this I mean, if we pass a player's session ticket to another device via our servers, I assume it would be invalid? The player would need to be logged into the device to get a session ticket for that device.

Correct?

I am just exploring how things work as I look at designs for a new game feature.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

No, Session Ticket is not device specific. But we suggest not passing it directly through devices due to safety concerns.

Playfab APIs use RESTful API, which is stateless. When you use API calls, there is a parameter named “X-Authentication” in the header where Session Ticket is required. It better to use our Postman collections to learn its usages. Please see Executing the PlayFab API via Postman to learn how to use postman.

It should be emphasized that storing Session Ticket locally may have potential security problems. please think twice to ensure the security before applying this strategy.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dale Strickler avatar image Dale Strickler commented ·

Understood about the security issue. I am a little surprised they are not device specific. I have no idea how we are going to design this new feature yet. It is just good to understand the system the best I can as I design. :-)

1 Like 1 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Dale Strickler commented ·

If you want to describe the feature, we can certainly advise on the suggested approach.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.