question

goekhan avatar image
goekhan asked

LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId freezes on Nintendo Switch

I use SDK 6.4 with firmware 6.0.1 on my device, but when I try to connect to playfab my device freezes after calling LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId. This has worked finde before. Is here a issue with currently version using in combine with nx SDK 6.4?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hi, Goekhan, can you provide your Title ID so what we can look into it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Also, @Goekhan, you mention SDK 6.4, but I'm not familiar with that version. Is that meant to be a PlayFab SDK version? I'm not familiar with it. Can you let us know where you got your PlayFab SDK to help us troubleshoot?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

That call stack is very helpful. Thank you!

Based on what I see there, can you try making one change? In your game code please set PlayFabSettings.DisableDeviceInfo = true

That should disable the additional work that's being done after login that may be causing the issues. If that's the case, I'll get a bug filed on the team to investigate further.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

goekhan avatar image goekhan commented ·

OMG yes it works!!! have just added as you said the line on the top of my code and it works now again!!! thanks a lot Andy!!! I'm so happy! :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ goekhan commented ·

That's great! I've filed the bug on the SDK team. Do you know if there's anything out of the ordinary about the storage settings on your Switch? It looks like the failure is occurring when attempting to create a folder in persistent storage.

0 Likes 0 ·
goekhan avatar image goekhan Andy ♦♦ commented ·

storage settings are correctly, I have this checked a lot. Only thing that I use is a that my game is running on a nx-flash card becauso I don't install my game with Target Manager on Nandflash.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
goekhan avatar image
goekhan answered

Hello, the NX SDK 6.4 ist the SDK for Nintendo Switch from Developer Portal.

I'm using Nintendo SDK 6.4 & 6.01 (Device) with latest Unity 2018.2.13f + sdk 6.4 unity plugin + latest playfab plugins Editor & SDK (2.54.181105).

I have deleted the nintendo & playfab sdk folder too and reinstalled it but without success.
I don't know why, but I can't longer login to playfab on Nintendo Switch. Each time when I try to login the game freezs after calling "LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId" and I have to close with home button after crash.

PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId(request, OnLoginSuccess, OnLoginFailure);

I have take a look on my game site on playfab and I saw the player has been created. But OnLogingSucess or OnLoginFailure will be not called!
This has worked fine before. On Windows and Editor works fine, but not on Nintendo Switch. Can someone help me?

I have tested on Start() simple just calling the playfab login without any action, but same problem, after calling this the Player will be created on playfab website and the game crashing/freezes after this. For testing I have used empty OnLoginSuccess, OnLoginFailure.

void Start()
{
var request = new LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceIdRequest {
NintendoSwitchDeviceId= "12345678901234567890", //Test Device ID will be imported from nintendo sdk account
CreateAccount = true,
LoginTitlePlayerAccountEntity = true,
TitleId = "****" //My hidden Game ID
};
PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId(request, OnLoginSuccess, OnLoginFailure);
}

private void OnLoginSuccess(LoginResult result)
{
}
private void OnLoginFailure(PlayFabError error)
{
}

simple calling LoginWithNintendoSwitchDeviceId causing the freezing & crash. I have tested with LoginWithCustomID, but same problem on Switch. On PC and Unity Editor works fine...

My Title ID= 49C6

The Player will be created but OnLoginSuccess and OnLoginFailure will be not called. The crash must happens after creating the Player and before calling results.

4 comments
10 |1200

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks. To further clarify, the application is freezing, correct? Not crashing? In either case, is there a chance you can get us a call stack when the incident occurs?

Also:

• Which web request type are you using, Unity Www or Http Web Request
  • Do you have data compression enabled?
0 Likes 0 ·

I hope it helps...

stackdump.txt

I use as default "Unity www" and data compression is disabled. But I have tested with "http web request" too, but same problem.

Yes, the game freezing only without crash screen. When I push the home button on switch the game will closed.

0 Likes 0 ·
stackdump.txt (1.4 KiB)
goekhan avatar image goekhan goekhan commented ·

just tested with "compress api data" too, same problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

Here a Full list from debugged Stack Trace after freezing. It says something about playfab...

stackdump2.txt

0 Likes 0 ·
stackdump2.txt (11.9 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.