question

filipzielinski avatar image
filipzielinski asked

How to get account information (TDN) about group members

Hi, I'm getting information about a group associated with player account, than I'm list all the members and thier roles from ListGroupMembersResponse.

How can I bind this result with TDN ? I'm trying to call PlayFabClientAPI.GetAccountInfo but what I should inject into GetAccountInfoRequest?

In EntityMemberRole I have members and these members are represent by EntityKey.

I don't understand what the Lineage in this "EntityWithLineage" is and how I can use EntityKey to retrieve any information about this user?

To list guild's memberships I have to make a single api call per each member? What the right aproach is?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

filipzielinski avatar image filipzielinski commented ·

I found another api call GetSharedGroupData that looks in a part like something that I want but It doesn't work :( I receive response but with members count 0. I checked and SharedGroupId is the one which I can see in groups playfab dashbord and in this dashbord I can see there is one member in this group (admin). What I'm doing wrong?

PlayFabClientAPI.GetSharedGroupData(new GetSharedGroupDataRequest
          {
            GetMembers = true,
            SharedGroupId = _networkServiceDataCache.PlayerGuild.Group.Id
          }, response, error => onError?.Invoke(error.ToException()));
0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Apologies for the confusion this may have caused. I've removed the previous response I saw here, as it absolutely will not work for titles. Iterating across every member of a group to request information about each member would mean having each client generating upwards of 100 API calls every time any player requests information about the group. That's not supported, and that level of API calls from a client could very well cause throttling (or blocking) of a title.

We are working on an update to the Groups service to provide for additional information about players in the group in a supportable way. In the short term, you would need to use an external data store to cache that data, or a custom game server (hosted by us or elsewhere) to act as the cache for that data.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Joe Hopkins avatar image Joe Hopkins commented ·

Is this still the case? If so, how are we supposed to display fellow group members in our game?

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Hopkins avatar image Joe Hopkins Joe Hopkins commented ·

The groups feature is pretty much useless and should not be advertised if it cannot support basic things like this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Hopkins avatar image
Joe Hopkins answered

Is it still the case that we cannot get information about group members without doing a call for each member?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.