question

elvismd avatar image
elvismd asked

Player are being automatically created

I'm using playfab with Unity, and I downloaded their login window sample to register and login using accounts on playfab, but everythime I login with an existing player (I have two players only) it automatically creates a new player with an empty name and empty email, it is very weird because I only login with these two players but it creates other ones out of nothing, it has almost 400 players created right now because I login a lot to test the game, does anyone have any idea why is this happening? Why at each login, wether its on a mobile or a desktop, with an existing player makes a new empty user ?

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Have a look at the PlayStream history for your players - ex: https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/38C1/players/76D9340E05BB8FC/playstream. Your sample code is unlinking the authentication mechanism every time. If you remove the call to Unlink..., you'll be able to re-use the player account on subsequent logins.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.