question

ZaharZagrava avatar image
ZaharZagrava asked

Custom Game Servers pricing model and limits

So I see 20 hours of limit in front of "Game server hours" on my limits page, needless to say that it's not enough for production. But what exactly will happen if I cross those limits? My Game Server(s) will be shut down?

Also I see that I can enable "7,500 server host hours - EC2 usage-based" pricing, does that mean that if I run a single Game Server Instance in Ireland (that means it is a Windows/t2.medium/EU Ireland server) I will pay: $0.068 * 24 hours * 31 days = 50,592 $ per month?

What will happen if I buy an Indie Studio Tier? Will I still have to pay 50$ on top of 100$ for my Indie Tier? @JayZuo @Brendan

pricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The tier is completely irrelevant - all game server hosting is charged at cost + 10% (to cover our costs). So for your example, it would be more along the lines of $56 for that server for a 31 day month. It's not a revenue source, just cost recovery. The 20 hours are meant only for testing, so that you can try out the hosting, to see if you want to go with it. Any production title would need to upgrade that to have the larger set of hours - otherwise, yes, your servers will shut down once you pass the hour limit.

We are about to introduce a new server hosting model using Azure, for which we'll be announcing pricing soon (but again - it'll be designed around cost recovery, rather than revenue).

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ZaharZagrava avatar image ZaharZagrava commented ·

Ok. I should have thought about that) But could you tell me, please, what are the approximate pricing for your new hosting model will be, and when will it be available? I understand that it can be a secret for now, but I am asking because I am a student and don't have a ton of money XD.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan ZaharZagrava commented ·

It's not a secret - it's something we're working on figuring out right now. As soon as we can, we'll be posting info about it in the site (the blog will have the main announcement, with any links needed).

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan brendan commented ·
1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.