question

goekhan avatar image
goekhan asked

Using Player image URL for Player specific data...

Is there a issue when I use the field for player image url for game specific string values?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

If you mean player's Avatar image URL then you can put any string in it. There should be no issue as PlayFab just treat it as a normal string. But this is highly not recommended. Avatar image URL should only be used to store player's avatar URL. If you use it to store something else, it may cause confusion. And PlayFab provides a lot of ways to store data. For player related data, please see Player Information in Tutorials & Guides. For title level, please see Title Data. Besides, you may also use Entities which introduces new access patterns that are designed to alleviate pain points of the current account and data systems.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

goekhan avatar image goekhan commented ·

thank you very much. I thought I have to use Cloudscripst for saving data like ranking or player experience.... I'll take a look to Title Data and Player Informations. Using Avatar URL as string data is the last way for solving this faster.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.