question

walldiv avatar image
walldiv asked

BUG - GetCharacterInventory() - CharacterID is empty/null

Hello - i found that the CharacterID is not returning anything on the result of GetCharacterID. However the passed CharacterID for the character i'm looking up IS INDEED valid (manually retrieved from looking it up on the Players->Characters view in dashboard) and the returned Inventory is matching what shows on dashboard for the passed CharacterID.....

https://puu.sh/BT972/1dd6fc3242.png

Character Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

I'd believe you are having the same issue here: when using GetCharacterInventoryResult the result.CharacterId does not return the CharacterID and is blank. For now, as a workaround, you can use the CharacterId you've set in the request data.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

walldiv avatar image walldiv commented ·

Not when you're iterating over 10 characters in the player's Characters array.... due to latency.

The entire point of me having to do this is inside the SUCCESS function of this return, needing to add these items to the appropriate character for the player.... without this functionality - i'm lost as to being accurate with this feature.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ walldiv commented ·

Our SDKs generally make the request object available in the success callback. You should be able to access the CharacterId there. Which SDK are you using?

0 Likes 0 ·
walldiv avatar image walldiv Andy ♦♦ commented ·

UE4 Blueprints

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.