question

davidhernandez-cerpa avatar image
davidhernandez-cerpa asked

Ad campaign attribution data without add-on

Hi,

Is there any way to store ad campaign attribution data in the player profile without using an add-on? I have the information in the client coming from a 3rd party platform but I can't find a way of storing this info in the player profile and use it for player segmentation.

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The Ad Campaign Attribution is only written by the PlayFab backend, which means we currently do not provide any APIs for developer to modify the attribution data.

Since you have had information about ad campaign data from 3rd party source. We suggest you either store the information in the player internal data or simply add tags for players via AddPlayerTag API then manage them by CloudScript.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

To expand on the use of tags a bit for your use case, you can use them to drive segmentation, similar to how you use Ad Attribution. You'd just select Tag from the Segment definition drop down and then enter the full name of the Tag you created. The full name would look like this:

title.{Title ID}.{tag text}

0 Likes 0 ·
davidhernandez-cerpa avatar image davidhernandez-cerpa Andy ♦♦ commented ·

This is what I was thinking I would have to do. Thanks!

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.