question

andrewrevak avatar image
andrewrevak asked

When adding a store to a catalog with the same ID it overwrites the existing store

Reproduction steps:

1. Add a store with ID: A.

2. Set the price of an item

3. Click "New Store" again at the store list

4.Specify A as the Store ID.

5. Price an item

6. Observe that the original store A is overwritten

Expectation:

Since I'm specifying I want to create a new story, I'm not really expecting an existing store to exist and would want to be warned before completely nuking the pricing in the old store.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

This has now been fixed. Any attempt to save a store in the Game Manager, with an ID of a store that already exists, will result in a warning that lets you either cancel or overwrite the store.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I'd believe this is not a bug but by design. As stores are identified by Id, when you give the same Id, it will just overwrite the original one. But I think your expectation is reasonable, a warning would be better for this scenario. And I'd suggest you open a Feature Request for the desired feature/change, or to "like" it there, if someone has already submitted it.

10 |1200

andrewrevak avatar image
andrewrevak answered
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.