question

adrianvoinea avatar image
adrianvoinea asked

Ignore (or mark) developer accounts in tracking

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any way of marking a user as developer, so that it wouldn't send tracking events (or at least purchase events), in the analytics part of Playfab.

I asking this, as we're doing developer free transactions on google play, but those transactions get registered as real purchases in analytics, and it adds up to the total revenue of our app.

Thanks in advance.

analytics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

We don't have a built-in way of classifying a user as a non-paying developer. I've seen what you're trying to do accomplished in two way, generally.

1) You can create a separate title that is used by developers. This is the most common way to separating developers from paying customers.

2) You can set up a developer segment and then set up store overrides for users in that segment. For this, you still would need to figure out how to identify developers.

For more discussion of segment-based store overrides, see this article: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-liveops/liveops-firstpurchase

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.