question

pankrashingo avatar image
pankrashingo asked

Lost players

Hello. Yesterday in the game with ID - 193D there were more than 9000 players. At the time of writing in the personal account, it is shown that there are 218 players. Can you please tell me what happened? Is this some kind of display error, or are the players data deleted?

Player Datadata
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chanat avatar image chanat commented ·

Me too!!! I've found this today.

0 Likes 0 ·
aurecasstudios avatar image aurecasstudios commented ·

Happened exactly the same thing here too! Lost around 5K players out of the sudden. :(

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

This issue has now been fully resolved. All player searches and player segment calls should be returning the correct set of players.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robert-1 avatar image robert-1 commented ·

Hi Andy, My player count is still down by 13 from this afternoon. Any ideas as to how this could be?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ robert-1 commented ·

What title id? I can take a look.

0 Likes 0 ·
robert-1 avatar image robert-1 Andy ♦♦ commented ·

2364 I believe

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

It is likely the current issue we are experiencing with the player index. The status page explains a bit more: https://status.playfab.com/incidents/7y0c6mnpgbck. You haven't actually lost players, we're just rebuilding an index that is used to display players and segments.

10 comments
10 |1200

Steve Cawood avatar image Steve Cawood commented ·

Same here. I guess it's affecting everyone

0 Likes 0 ·
Marios avatar image Marios commented ·

Same issue here, all my players are gone. I hope this index rebuilding brings them back:)

Same here for 2AE2. Players are gone since today. I hope this index rebuilding brings them back.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

We believe we have re-indexed all players that have logins over the last 24 hours. If you notice otherwise, please let us know.

We're going to continue working through the entire history of players over the weekend.

0 Likes 0 ·
Marios avatar image Marios commented ·

In my case ALL of my players have disappeared and they only come back when they log in. On the Dashboard and Leaderboards I see everything correctly. On the players tab there are only 4 players currently.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ Marios commented ·

Just a quick note, you can also find players via the Event History tab in Analytics. If you filter it to show player login events, you'll get links to the player profile on the right.

0 Likes 0 ·
Marios avatar image Marios Andy ♦♦ commented ·

I know and that shows that this is indeed a bug and hopefully my players data are not really lost.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

The player index is in much better shape today and most of your player searches should be returning successfully. We're still working through getting segmentation queries returning full results. We expect that to take another day or two. Once again, there should be no impact on live data, the impact is contained to the game manager site.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.