question

v-anbotr avatar image
v-anbotr asked

Playstream Rules don't trigger on CustomEvent

Hi,

Our titleID is A467.

I'm trying to trigger Playstream Rules on CustomEvents but I can't get them to work.

I specify my event with the full name "title.A467.my_event_name" but it doesn't trigger.

We use function PlayFabEntityAPI::WriteEvents() to send our events.

Note that we successfully triggered rules on events sent by PlayFabClientAPI::WritePlayerEvent().

Thanks,

Anthony

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

For now, Rules will only run against players. When using PlayFabEntityAPI::WriteEvents(), it will write batches of entity based events to PlayStream. Which are events on the entity, not a specific player. As such, there’s no player context to pass into cloud script. Currently, you will have to use WritePlayerEvent to trigger the Rule. For more info, please see: https://community.playfab.com/comments/23864/view.html.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

v-anbotr avatar image v-anbotr commented ·

Thanks for your help,

We reverted to use WritePlayerEvents() for these specific events and it works now.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.