question

max avatar image
max asked

Bug: Unlinking iOS Devices from the GameManager does not work.

It shows the loading indicator, then the loading indicator disappears (as if it's done), but the device appears still as linked. We tried 5 times, refreshing page trying again. The bug persists.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Can you let me know the title and player id you're hitting this on? I'd like to take a look.

0 Likes 0 ·
max avatar image max Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Can I send that to you via PM somehow? I've got some more info too: It seems like this only happens if the player has 2 devices of the same type linked: Our player had two iOS devices linked. Game Manager only shows 1 ever (which is not optimal). But you can't unlink any of the two.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

I suspected it might be related to having multiple of the same type of device linked. Being able to see only one is a known bug, but not being able to unlink either is not something I've seen before. I'll investigate and potentially file a bug on the dev team.

What happens if you use the APIs (UnlinkIOSDeviceID and GetAccountInfo)? I would expect those to provide more reliable results.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.