question

herman avatar image
herman asked

Significant delay in leaderboard updates

Testing today we noticed that the leaderboards do not seem to update properly when we submit a new score. They seem to update eventually (although it has been a bit hard to verify exactly how long it takes, and whether it is eventually in fact the correct score.

I see Playfab had some issues with this before. Could you please look into this?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

Thank you for the report. The delays appear to have gone away since your title hit the problem. We've identified time periods last night where we experienced increased latency reading from the statistics stream. It didn't trigger an alert, so we're adjusting our alerting threshold to be more responsive. In the future, we'll be able to resolve these delays proactively and potentially prevent them from being noticed.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

herman avatar image herman commented ·

Thanks, I noticed this was fixed while my question was still in review. Good to hear about the steps taken to prevent this in the future.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.