question

topstitch avatar image
topstitch asked

Constant 409 conflicts when calling MoveItemToCharacterFromUser

All of a sudden, almost all calls to MoveItemToCharacterFromUser and MoveItemToUserFromCharacter have started consistently failing due to concurrent edit errors. I'm not sure what could have changed in our codebase to cause this (all other API calls seem to be working without a hitch), and the dashboard doesn't really give enough information to properly figure out what's going on.

Is there a way to further diagnose this issue? (finding out what the other conflicting API call is would be extremely helpful, for example.)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It doesn't look like anything has changed around that logic. What is the Title ID, and the PlayFab ID of at least one user account experiencing the problem, so that we can have a look?

9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

topstitch avatar image topstitch commented ·

Update: We've confirmed that it's only recently created users that have this issue.

Anyone who created an account within the past few days will be unable to move items between their user and character due to 409 conflicts. Any older users can make these calls just fine, though.

I've looked through the users and been unable to find a difference between them that explains the issue.

Example of a broken user:

E2388B4E46218AF9

Example of a working user:

2A6271253B0268C4

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan topstitch commented ·

That doesn't make sense - there's no difference between older users and newer, in terms of the backend services. What platforms is this game on? I'd like to create a player account in it for testing purposes.

0 Likes 0 ·
topstitch avatar image topstitch brendan commented ·

It's a little complicated-- this is a project for Mixer designed to play on-stream. We can get you a Steam key if that would be convenient, but it'll bear a little explanation to get up and running. I would love to get on a call with you or another member of the team to sort this out. Is there an email I could reach out to?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.